Tuesday, September 15

Spot the grammar error...

I'm no grammarian, and I make plenty of grammar errors... but improper use of apostrophes make me crazy! I found this one at Dillard's. It's like people think an apostrophe is just a decoration for a letter "S."

You'd think SOMEWHERE up the chain at Dillard's that someone with enough pull would've seen this GLARING mistake and had it corrected... it makes them look terrible! This sign was at the main entrance of their store at Stony Point Fashion Park in Richmond, Virginia.

If you ever see me making such goof's, I hope you'll let me know! (; (Yes, that one was on purpose... just testing you...)

2 comments:

Lisa HB said...

I'm the same way, I can't stand to see mistake's like that:). Have you ever read the book Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, by Lynne Truss? It's a great read!

Swestie said...

No, I haven't but I HAVE heard it's good. Will have to put it on my list. Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails