Friday, July 2

10 Things I Liked About Eclipse


Ohemgee. I so enjoyed this movie, and all of the anticipation of waiting for it since November made finally seeing it that much sweeter. I could drone on for an hour about all of the things I appreciated about this movie, but to keep you interested, I'll just stick to 10.
I'm not pointing you to any synopsis or overview this time like I did for my review of New Moon. If you don't know about the storyline of the Twilight Saga yet, you probably don't care and are never gonna. In that case, you may now be excused.
So here goes:
10 Things I Liked About Eclipse
10. The new views you see of the Cullens' home are beautiful, even if the exterior is nothing like it is described in the book.
9. Jacob rocking the James Dean/bad boy vibe. All I knew was that I want to be the girl on the back of that bike when Jacob rides away from Forks High... but would Bella really have skipped school to hang out with Jacob? It seems unlikely, but it has been one year since I read Eclipse, so I could be wrong.
8. Alice finally got some better clothes! The reigning fashion diva of the Cullen family was costumed so hokey-ly (is that a word??) in New Moon. The Eclipse wardrobe is much kinder to Alice.
7. "Little" Seth! He is like a cute and fuzzy little puppy skittering around at your feet! And of course, when the rubber meets the road, he is as tough as his older and larger brothers... and purer too.
6. I like how this one showed a little more of Bella and Edward just hanging. They were cute - almost normal - in the meadow, doing their homework, making out, acting like teenagers generally do.
5. I really liked the coloring of the meadow. It has the purple flowers that remind you of the meadow in the original Twilight, but I really love the addition of the golden browns and greens they infuse in there as well... it plays so prettily in that soft focus.
4. The soundtrack is most enjoyable. My favorite song is My Love by Sia. I checked her out because I was interested in buying more of her music. However I didn't because the rest of her music sounded very different than this song... I love the simplicity of the song's instrumentation and also the almost Asian, lilting melody. I did not like the way the score had the main song of the soundtrack [Eclipse (All Yours) by Metric] woven into cheesey, sentimental strains throughout the rest of the movie... it might not have been so obvious to me if I hadn't been listening to the soundtrack since June 8 though.
3. The comedy. There were some truly funny moments in this flick... wouldn't have thought there would be, but it's nice to give your face a break from the wide-eyed worry of all of the action scenes.
2. The emergence of the femme fatale - Leah. While not the most likeable character, she is played well in the film.
1. Edward's new hair. I really hated that crazy straight up thing he had going before. His new hair is much more normal.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails