Wednesday, January 13

The Music in My Soul

Have you ever met a soul friend for the first time who you feel like you've known longer than forever?

Have you ever seen a cracked, sepia photo of a place in the grainy, distant past that seems uncannily familiar, as if you were there at that time, even though it is impossible for you to have been?

I am reading a book about the cast of characters who populated Paris around the turn of the 20th century and they made a reference to the music of Erik Satie. Being the good student that I am, I looked it up and found this song... as the pianist slowly and plaintively unfurled the song's lucid melody, I felt breath slowly collecting around my heart... stopping there - time swirling all around yet standing still - and upon resolution of this sweet refrain, I heaved a great sigh... the song of my soul.

Press play to hear this song.



Get a playlist!Standalone player Get Ringtones


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails