Wednesday, September 2

A Recipe I Love


Okay. I know that the tagline of my blog is "Being healthy, and loving life."

So I'm saying that this recipe is "healthy" because it brings "balance" to my diet... so I'm not so 100% focused on eating raw fruits and veggies all of the time... (Writing that sentence really did make me laugh...)

Anyway... I found this recipe in an Oprah magazine years ago and I still fix it because:
  • it is easy - under ten minutes
  • it tastes delicious
  • it is a nice change from what everyone else usually brings
  • I can remember the recipe without even having to look it up! (best of all!)
Warm Brie with Honey and Pecans

Ingredients
  • one wedge or round of brie
  • some pecans, 1/4-1/2 cup, depending on how much you like them
  • few tablespoons of honey
  • about a tablespoon of buttah (because brie NEEDS more fat... right?)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do
  1. Put your brie in an ovenproof dish. I love these kind that are metal but not silver... oven to table, you know...
  2. Chop the pecans and toast them 5-10 minutes, just until they get that toasty flavor and crunchy feel.
  3. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in toasted pecans, honey and cinnamon.
  4. Stir continuously for a couple of minutes until the ingredients meld together. Don't let it burn!
  5. Pour this over the brie.
  6. Put the brie in the oven until it gets just warm enough to be soft, but not runny. I actually put it back in the warm toaster oven on the "warm" setting at about 200 degrees. This way, even if I forget about it, it hasn't melted into a puddle.
  7. Serve it with crackers or bread to the people you love the most (lucky ducks that they are!)!
Thanks, Oprah!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails